This website puts small files, known as cookies, onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the site.
There are two types of cookies:
- Necessary cookies enable core functionality on the webpage, such as page navigation and access to secure areas. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and they can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.
- Analytical cookies help us to improve our website by collecting and reporting information on its usage. You can disable these without effecting how the website operates.
These cookies are not used to identify you personally. You are prompted on your first visit to the site to accept either ‘all cookies’ or ‘necessary cookies only.’ Should you wish to change your preference, you can do so at any time by selecting the ‘c’ icon in the bottom left-hand corner to make another choice. This banner will re-ask for your preference after 90 days. Find out more about how to manage cookies at www.aboutcookies.org
|CookieControl||Store the cookie option settings||2 months|
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how you use this website. We do this to make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements. These are ‘analytical cookies’, which you can opt out of (as described above.) More information about Google Analytics can be found here.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on this website
- how long you spend on each page in this website
- how you came to this site (e.g. from a search engine or the main BAS website)
- what you click on while you are visiting the site (for example, whether you click links from the main navigation or within pages)
No personal information is collected or sent to this service (such as your name or email address).
We opt-out of any optional programmes to link your data with other products (except those we control) including benchmarking and optimisation. We use also IP address anonymisation to prevent your full IP address being stored. Please see here for more information.
Google Analytics (gtag.js) sets the following cookies:
|_ga||Used to distinguish each visitor and whether they have visited this website before||2 years|
|_gid||Used to distinguish each visitor||24 hours|
|_gat||Used to manage the rate at which page view requests are made||1 minute|
Third Party Cookies
|VISTOR_INFO1_LIVE||Used to estimate the users’ bandwidth on pages with integrated YouTube videos.||6 months|
|YSC||Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen.||End of session|
|SIDCC||Used by Google Maps to provide the identification of trusted web traffic.||1 year|
|APISID||Google Ads Optimization||2 years|
|__Secure-SSID||Stores information about how the visitor uses the website and about the advertisements that may have been seen before the visitor visits the website.||1 year|
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office with the registration number za333592. UKRI is the data controller for the personal information we process, unless otherwise stated. Our registered office is Polaris House, Swindon, SN2 1FL.
Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) is:
Head of Information Governance
Updates to this Policy
Policy Issued: 01/09/2023